We continue to pamper you with unusual recipes from amaranth. Today let’s talk – about cookies.
Very simple – to make cookies from amaranth. Such sweets are not only tasty, but also healthy, dietary. Their consumption will avoid the accumulation of extra pounds, but will fill the body with vitamins and minerals.
Amaranth cookies with cranberries and / or dried fruits, candied fruits
Such cookies are not just original, but very tasty. For those who need a hearty breakfast, these sweets will work best. They will be an excellent complement to a morning cup of coffee or tea. And will get the necessary energy for the active day.
Note! Such cookies can be safely eaten in the evening, without fear that they are transformed into excess weight – for example, when watching TV shows every night.
To make such a cookie, you will need:
- 260 grams of wheat flour;
- 120 grams of amaranth flour;
- 25 grams of amaranth seeds;
- 1 teaspoon baking powder;
- 100 grams of oil;
- 1 chicken egg
- 3 tsp. honey or a little more – to your taste;
- 1-2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar;
- maybe a little vanilla, depending on your taste tastes;
- 50 grams (2-5 tablespoons) of dried fruits: cranberries, raisins, candied fruits, etc .;
- about 60 grams of coarsely chopped, lightly roasted walnuts.
Mix all ingredients (except eggs and honey) with butter to make a crumbly dough, then add eggs, honey and nuts. Knead everything well.
Now form a roll / roll and leave in the refrigerator for about an hour. Then cut everything into thin slices and place on a baking tray, greased with butter.
The baking time in the oven, preheated to 180 ° C, is about 15 minutes. The cookies are ready when they evenly turn golden brown.
Amaranth seed cookies
Such cookies are ideal for the Christmas table, but the brightest holiday of the year has already passed, so you have a choice – either wait for the Christmas of the future, or make cookies now. I propose to dwell on the second version.
- 180 grams unsalted butter;
- 150 grams of whole cane sugar;
- 30 grams of chocolate chips or pieces of chocolate;
- 1 chicken egg plus 1 more egg yolk;
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder;
- 200 grams of flour of your choice (for example, wheat);
- amaranth seeds (determine the amount yourself – start at about 50 grams, and the next time you cook, you can adjust this volume to be more acceptable to you).
Beat the butter (should be at room temperature) with the sugar. Add egg and egg yolk and mix until it becomes frothy. Gradually add the remaining ingredients to the mix, stirring. But add amaranth seeds at the very end. Put it all in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Next, you need to preheat the oven to 180 degrees and form small balls of dough and press on a piece of paper for baking. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool completely before serving.
Cookies go well with tea.
Amaranth nut cookies with brandy / liqueur
To make it, you will need the following ingredients:
- 100 grams of whole wheat flour;
- 30 grams of amaranth flour;
- about 100-120 grams of roasted walnuts;
- about 100 grams of unsalted butter (room temperature);
- 1 egg yolk;
- 100 grams of sugar of your choice and taste;
- 1/4 tsp salts;
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder;
- 1-2 tablespoons brandy or liqueur to your taste (if you do not want to drink alcohol, you can also use freshly squeezed orange juice or something like that);
- amaranth grains;
- in addition, halves of walnut kernels (fried or not fried, to taste).
Put the roasted walnuts and 2 tablespoons of sugar into a food processor (or blender), turn on and wait 10-15 seconds until the mixture looks like a dry powder.
Whole wheat flour, amaranth flour and salt are mixed in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter for about 30 seconds, then gradually add the remaining sugar and beat until foam appears (about 1-2 minutes).
Add egg yolk, brandy and vanilla and mix. Reduce the speed of whipping and mix the mixture with walnut.
Now gradually add the flour mixture. Cover the bowl and let it “work” for at least 3 hours (for best results, let the dough stand well overnight).
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and prepare a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Make small balls out of dough, rolling them between your palms, then roll them in amaranth grains with gentle pressure and place them on baking paper. Lightly press down. And then press a little into the center of the thumb to form a notch, and put in it a half of the walnut kernel.
Put in the oven for baking. Ideally, you take them out when the edges start to turn golden brown and the cookies become hard, but still slightly susceptible to pressure, which usually happens 17-18 minutes after the start of baking. Then remove the biscuit from the oven and let cool. Ready cookies will be stored in an airtight container for about 3-4 days.
Amaranth cookies: the perfect dessert for adults and children
Amaranth cookies are truly the perfect dessert for adults and children. It has a special, unique taste, but it is also incredibly useful, because it contains a huge amount of vitamins, trace elements and minerals necessary for the full activity of the body.
In addition, to prepare such cookies is not difficult – you need not so much effort, and all the ingredients you can buy at any supermarket products.