Amaranth is a source of minerals, including calcium, iron and magnesium. Besides the fact that the plant is rich in nutrients, it becomes a real salvation for people who do not tolerate gluten. It is more beneficial to human health than wheat or rice.
This writes the publication Hindustantimes. We bring to your attention another material translated and adapted to our site.
Note! HT Media began its operations in 1924, when Mahatma Gandhi opened his Hindustan Times newspaper. HT Media (BSE, NSE) today has become one of the largest media companies in India.
Finally, amaranth grain gained the fame it deserves. Cultivated for centuries, amaranth, until recently, was not part of the system of medical knowledge. But everyone should try it at least once to see how it affects their health.
Unlike wheat and rice, amaranth does not stimulate side effects, which makes it safe for everyone. In particular, for people suffering from celiac disease – or gluten intolerance.
And amaranth has a number of unique qualities and health benefits. About them briefly and tell.
1. It can be used during any traditional Hindu fasting. (It may not be entirely relevant to us. But if you delve into the topic, it turns out that this is a confirmation of the high content of minerals, trace elements and other beneficial substances. That is, amaranth completely compensates for the lack of substances from food that is excluded during fasting. allowed to be consumed in any of the Orthodox posts. – Approx. Translator.)
2. Amaranth is a complete source of an amino acid called lysine (the amino acid is the building material for proteins), making it an excellent source of protein for all age groups, including infants and the elderly. Other carbohydrates do not contain enough lysine for our needs.
3. It is also an excellent source of minerals, including calcium, iron and magnesium, which makes it an exceptional product for the growth and strength of bones.
4. Amaranth leaves (prepared as ordinary vegetables) are rich in minerals. (The leaves make a great salad. They can be added to any dish. Including, in soups. – comment of the translator.)
5. Amaranth is made of amaranth, which greatly boosts immunity, activates the protective properties of the body, which makes it an excellent product for children suffering from allergies. And not only.
6. Since the alkaline value of amaranth is higher than that of most other cereals, it is useful for people with inflammations, such as rheumatoid arthritis and skin diseases.
7. Amaranth can be a lifesaver for people who do not tolerate gluten. Replace the wheat grain amaranth, and a week later the symptoms of wheat intolerance, such as bloating, weight gain, fatigue, sinusitis, sneezing and allergies will disappear.
8. Patients with cardiovascular diseases and people with high cholesterol will also benefit, as amaranth helps to reduce inflammation in the arteries, normalizing blood pressure.
How to eat amaranth grain
1. Soak the grain, then cook salted porridge with vegetables, such as carrots and beans.
2. Soak the amaranth and cook with milk. Sweeten with prunes and dried apples, we recommend sprinkle with seeds and nuts.