Modern medicine, as a science originated not so long ago, at the beginning of the 18th century, and began to actively develop only at the beginning of the 20th. It was during this period that many antibiotics and a number of other drugs were discovered, which to this day can successfully fight against many diseases. But how did people treat their ailments before? The answer to this question is quite simple, they resorted to the methods that are now called traditional medicine. For many years, it was nature that was the only healer of human ailments.
Traditional medicine and modernity
To date, almost all drugs that are on pharmacy shelves are chemical compounds. And this only means that they practically have no natural components. That is why most of us are faced with side effects of certain drugs. Perhaps this influenced the revival of traditional medicine.
Do not forget that, as of today, there are a large number of arguments in favor of traditional medicine. And here are some of them:
- Using only natural ingredients that nature has given us;
- No side effects;
- Experience and wisdom handed down from generation to generation.
There are a number of medicinal and prophylactic plants that are distinguished by the highest content of beneficial substances. And one of them is amaranth. It is one of the oldest cereal crops in the world. The ancient Aztecs made flour from its seeds. The Greeks did believe that this flower gives beauty and longevity, so the decoction of amaranth flowers was used as a rejuvenating agent.
As for the present, amaranth, due to its high yield and curative properties, which are used in folk and traditional medicine, was recognized as the most promising cereal crop of the 20th century. From this we can conclude that the use of amaranth has been proven by leading experts from around the world.
Preparation of Amaranth infusions
When traditional medicine pushed the traditional methods of treatment into the background, the healing properties of amaranth were almost forgotten. But today, the situation has changed dramatically. In the prevention and treatment of many diseases, seeds, leaves, juice, extracts and extracts from amaranth are used, so do not forget about the beauty industry. With the addition of amaranth extracts, massage oils are made. The same oil is added to creams and used as an independent means in the fight against the first signs of aging and wilting of the skin of the face and body.
There are many ways to use and prepare medicines from amaranth. But it is worth remembering that any of them will be the most effective, only if it is properly prepared, observing all the proportions and dosage. There is nothing difficult in this, it is enough to know the recipes:
- A decoction of dried amaranth leaves. It is necessary to take 2 tablespoons of dried leaves, roots or inflorescences of amaranth, pour two of them with purified or boiled water (400-450 ml). Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely, then strain. Recommendations: to accept inside on 100 ml. half an hour before meals;
- Cold infusion: in this case only dry leaves are used. It is necessary to strictly observe the proportions, for 1 part of dry leaves there are 10 parts of purified water at room temperature (1:10 ratio). It is necessary to insist for 20 minutes, then thoroughly strain. Recommendations: in case of violations of the digestive system, as well as in cases of poisoning and frustration, take half a glass before each meal;
- Infusion of amaranth leaves (fresh). It is necessary to take 20 grams of fresh leaves, wash them well and dry. Then finely chop, then pour a glass of boiling water, insist the leaves in a boiling water bath for 30-40 minutes. After the infusion has cooled, it must be well filtered. Recommendations: take this infusion 100 ml just before meals;
- Infusion for bathing. 300g of dried leaves or flowers must be placed in a saucepan, which is tightly closed with a lid. Leaves pour 2 liters of boiling water, cover and put on the fire for 20 minutes. Then cool, strain and add to the bath. Recommendations: taking such a bath is 30-40 minutes. This procedure will give relaxation and calm, as well as rest the pain in muscles and joints.
Amaranth oil in traditional medicine
In addition to flowers and leaves, in folk medicine, oil is also actively used. It is of two types:
- Amaranth oil choose the right cosmetic. With its addition, make creams, lotions, tonics and so on. Often you can see and massage oil with the addition of amaranth extract;
- Food. It is added to food or consumed on an empty stomach in small doses. This oil has extraordinary qualities, firstly, it is quickly absorbed, and secondly it is a source of large amounts of vitamin and trace elements.
The use of amaranth oil in skin care can not be overemphasized. It also has a calming and healing effect. A bottle of amaranth oil is indispensable both at home and on vacation. A small amount of this oil will not only help soothe the skin burned in the sun, but also relieve discomfort after an insect bite.
At home, you can do massage with amaranth, take a bath with the addition of amaranth oil. And also do anti-cellulite wraps. This recipe is quite simple. It is necessary to heat 80-100 grams of honey on the steam bath to a liquid state, add 1 tablespoon of ground coffee, drop a few drops of amaranth and orange oil, then mix everything thoroughly. Apply the mixture on the skin in problem areas (often it is the abdomen and thighs), then carefully wrap with cling film, then put on clothes made from natural materials. The wrapping procedure lasts about 30 minutes, at which time you can watch TV, read a book, a magazine or just take a nap.
Also amaranth oil will help not only to grow beautiful hair, but also strengthen hair follicles. To do this, just add a few drops of oil to your favorite hair masks. The most effective is a mask based on yolk and black bread. In order to cook it, you need one yolk, a small piece of black bread without additives, which must be soaked in boiling water. Combine bread and yolk, then add 1 teaspoon of amaranth oil and half a teaspoon of burdock, mix everything thoroughly and apply to damp hair. Then carefully wrap your head. Keep the mask is recommended 30-40 minutes.
If you have brittle nails, then here amaranth oil will come to the rescue. In order that the nails would stop to peel off and break, it is necessary only for 10 days to make special baths for 10-15 minutes. For this you need 200 ml. hot water 1 slice of lemon and 5 drops of amaranth oil. Squeeze the juice of lemon into the water, add the oil and put the hands in there.i (1)
As for cooking, some argue that amaranth is the food of the future. Amaranth leaves are added to salads, based on which they make sauces and all sorts of dressings, cook soups and serve them to garnish. There are already several dozen restaurants that have made amaranth an integral component of their dishes.