The miraculous amaranth is also good because you can cook various dishes from it – unusual, tasty and healthy. The special composition of amaranth and by-products (seeds, oil, flour) obtained from it, allows to saturate the body with important trace elements and vitamins, give vitality, improve health, etc.
Unusual recipe for cooking guinea fowl with amaranth and tagliatelle with pumpkin
This is a very tasty dish, but it is rather difficult to prepare and will require a relatively long time. But you can surprise everyone with your culinary abilities. If you are afraid to make a mistake, it is recommended to prepare the dish in stages.
Cooking tagliatelle with pumpkin
Tagliatelle is a special Italian pasta. They are made from egg dough. Such pasta is made flat. But you do not need to cook them yourself – they are sold in supermarkets! Amaranth dishes
To cook them with pumpkin, you will need the following ingredients:
- tagliatelle – enough packaging in 400 grams;
- mozzarella cheese – about 100 grams;
- pumpkin – about 200 grams;
- thyme – a couple of twigs will be enough;
- a pair of small cloves of garlic;
- some olive oil;
- one lemon;
First bake the pumpkin. It needs to be washed, peeled and cut into small cubes:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees;
- cover the pan with foil;
- pour some olive oil;
- put a pumpkin on a pan;
- Stir in chopped garlic and thyme.
Baked pumpkin for about 25 minutes, and after cooking, be sure to remove thyme and garlic residue from pumpkin.
In parallel, you can boil the tagliatelle, only the water in which the pasta was prepared, do not pour out – it is still useful to you. Pasta mix with a lemon zest and baked pumpkin. Top with water and a little salt.
Cooking amaranth – for decoration and not only!
Amaranth in this dish plays the role of decoration and allows you to give the dish a special look, but also a unique taste. You will need amaranth leaves. The cooking sequence is as follows:
- pour oil into a metal pan;
- heat it to about 215 degrees;
- for 10 seconds lower amaranth sprigs and drain the oil;
- put isomaltose in the second pan and melt it until it becomes viscous;
- add a little paste of ceratonia into isomaltose, put amaranth and powder of ceratonia;
- remove pan from heat;
- put the amaranth in a bowl and press it on top with a load;
- when the amaranth has cooled, break it into small slices.
Cooking guinea fowl
We start cooking guinea fowl (but you can turkey!). You will need four breasts. They are laid out in the pan – be sure to peel down. Make a strong fire and wait until the skin of the guinea fowl becomes ruddy. After that, add the following to the pan:
- one small clove of garlic;
- two medium thyme branches;
- and about ten to fifteen grams of butter;
- move the pan to the oven for about 10 minutes.
Serve on the table
Probably, the pasta has cooled. They need to warm up. Each individual breast of guinea fowls laid out on a separate plate. Breasts should be lightly cut into small slices.
Next to the meat pasta are laid out and sprinkled with mozzarella, to taste watered with olive oil. On the opposite side of the meat, place the amaranth, broken into pieces. You can add a leaf of fresh salad.
Very easy to prepare dish. You just need to take amaranth leaves and thoroughly rinse in cold water. Preheat pan with olive oil poured on it (can be any other vegetable).
Finely chop the onion, pour it into the frying pan, stir, pour out the crushed amaranth leaves, mix again and fry until golden brown.
Marinated amaranth is very tasty. It can be used as a seasoning or just Amaranth spread on a plate to the side dishes and eat like a salad. To prepare marinated amaranth you need:
- chop the green leaves of the plant;
- grind with salt – for every kilogram of greens need one big spoonful of salt;
- squeeze well;
- put in a glass jar – ideally in a jar;
- pour cold marinade;
- The jar should be closed with a sheet of parchment and moved to a cool, dark place.
Amaranth will insist about a week, maybe a little more. How to cook marinade (based on 1 kilogram of greens):
- 100 grams of 9% vinegar;
- three glasses of pure water;
- one hundred grams of sugar;
- three bay leaves;
- pepper to taste.
All ingredients are mixed, brought to a boil, boiled for a minute and the mixture is cooled.
It’s not even pancakes, and full-fled cakes – nutritious and incredibly tasty. For their preparation you will need:
- a quarter of a large glass of amaranth seeds;
- a little more than one cup of corn flour (necessarily yellow);
- a quarter cup of traditional wheat flour;
- half a large spoonful of melted honey;
- small spoon of soda;
- two large spoons of cream;
- two large spoons of vegetable oil;
- one beaten chicken egg yolk;
- one whipped to a thick foam protein from chicken eggs.
Cooking is pretty simple. But first you need to boil the amaranth seeds for 15 minutes, just covering them with water. After that, the water is drained, all the dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed, after which they are added in order of priority:
- boiled amaranth seed puree;
- vegetable oil;
- everything mixes up;
- put for 10-15 minutes to cool in the fridge.
After that, you can reach the mixture, form small pancakes and bake in a pre-oiled pan.
Lentil with amaranth
You will need the following ingredients:
- two medium sized carrots;
- one red pepper (cut it into small cubes);
- small garlic clove – chop or crush;
- half a glass of lentils;
- amaranth glass;
- five large spoons of water or any vegetable broth;
- five large spoons of olive oil;
- spices (salt and pepper) to taste;
- some green onions.
First, place amaranth seeds on the bottom of the pan and fry them for five minutes. After that, add all remaining ingredients, leaving only red pepper. In the mixture, add a couple more tablespoons of water.
Bring the whole mixture to a boil and boil over low heat for about 40 minutes. After that, you can drop the pepper and boil for about 10 more minutes.
To be continued!