Tuesday is not Monday, but not Thursday. The working rhythm is becoming more active, the tension is growing, and before rest and relaxation there are still three whole days! Therefore, it is important for dinner to please yourself with a light, but also incredibly useful dish.
I decided to choose for this Israeli salad with avocado and amaranth. Why is Israeli? It is difficult to say specifically – but this is how it is called in one cookbook. Apparently, he is still from Israel. But, I think, for you it is not so important.
The seeds of this miraculous plant, used to prepare the dish, will be the necessary ingredient for your tired body that will relieve fatigue and nervous tension.
Let me remind you that amaranth seeds are used to prepare many dishes:
- dietary vegetarian cutlets;
- and much more.
They have an excellent pleasant taste, with a slight nutty aftertaste. Not to mention the incredible benefits of a product that does not contain gluten, but has many vitamins and minerals that are important for the human body.
Israeli salad with avocado and amaranth: cooking process
The recipe for this dish is incredibly simple. Salad will be especially appreciated by beautiful ladies and young girls, who strictly follow their figure and are actively involved in sports.
It takes no more than 10-15 minutes to prepare a salad (depending on how actively you work with a knife). Ingredients are indicated in the amount needed to satisfy the appetite of 3-4 people.
So, for the preparation of salad, you will need the following components (good, today they are not a problem to buy in any more or less decent supermarket):
- two medium tomatoes, cut into small cubes;
- one medium cucumber, diced;
- half a bulb, also cut into small cubes;
- one small hot pepper (ideally jalapeno varieties), also cut into small cubes;
- a little green coriander, chopped with a knife (can be replaced with parsley);
- one avocado, cut into cubes.
To refuel your salad should be prepared:
- two minced garlic cloves;
- two large spoons of apple cider vinegar;
- one small spoonful of mustard seed (for some reason we call it “French”);
- one small spoonful of melted honey;
- six large spoons of vegetable oil (ideally olive Extra Virgin).
How to make saladIsraeli salad with avocado and amaranth – 2
In a large plate, mix all the ingredients – boiled amaranth grains, chopped vegetables and greens.
Now proceed to the preparation of the dressing – first carefully beat the garlic, vinegar, mustard and honey in a separate bowl. After that, pour in olive oil and again, beat everything as well as possible.
Pour salad dressing and start eating. The light egg gives the dish a special piquancy.
I am sure that the salad will appeal not only to women, but also to their strong halves. Enjoy your meal!