What is sport for most of us? First of all, it is physical activity, which is so lacking in everyday life. Secondly, it is health, thus confirming the proverb “healthy mind in a healthy body”. And who does not want to be healthy both spiritually and physically. Another component of a good lifestyle is, of course, a healthy and balanced diet.
This article will not discuss all sorts of sports diets that help you gain weight or, on the contrary, “dry”. In this article we will tell you how to eat not only athletes, but also those who just decided to start a new life, play sports and adjust their diet.
Do not forget that the term “proper nutrition” is far from synonymous with the word “diet”, and even more so “fasting”. In order to understand these terms, you should know their definitions:
- Proper nutrition or sports diet. Perhaps the first and almost the only rule of proper nutrition, is to balance the daily diet. Such food always allows you to be in good shape, and of course it denies the feeling of hunger, in principle. In order that it does not arise, you can arrange small snacks throughout the day, it can be any vegetables or fruits, dairy and dairy products, nuts and dried fruits;
- Diet. Special nutrition system, the duration of which rarely exceeds 21 days. In this case, there are severe restrictions on food. Some diets exclude physical activities, since too few nutrients enter the body. What can we say, for sure, everyone has heard a huge number of stories about losing weight with the help of diets. Yes, people managed to lose a few pounds, but then the excess weight quickly returned;
- Starvation. Fasting is generally a separate topic for discussion. There are many opinions about this. But they all agree that long-term starvation should occur under the supervision of medical personnel.
After weighing all the pros and cons, most people prefer a healthy diet (sports diet).
Diet for sports
The main rule of a sports diet is: “you have to spend more calories than you use, or no load will bring the desired result. The diet for people who play sports must consist of:
- Carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are essential for improving body tone. The norm is the use of 5-10 grams of carbohydrates per kilogram of body weight. The calculation must be carried out from the point of view, the less calories are spent on sports activities, the less should be the proportion of carbohydrates in the diet. For example, if you are doing Pilates or stretching, make a calculation of carbohydrates consumed per day, taking into account 5 grams, if you do dancing – 6-8 grams, boxing, Thai boxing, weightlifting – 10 grams;
- Protein. Proteins not only restore the elasticity of muscle tissue after training, but also help to recover faster after various injuries and sprains. The daily intake of protein ranges from 0.7 to 2 grams, calculated in the same way, depending on the type of sports you do and the level of exercise;
- Fat. Fats are also an integral part of the daily diet. Their number should not exceed 30% of the total calories consumed per day. Many people make a mistake, and practically exclude fats from their diet, this is not worth doing. This is fraught with such consequences as hair loss, deterioration of the skin and nails, and even the cessation of menstruation;
- Water. Water is a must for any person. In order to restore the water balance in the body, a person who is actively engaged in physical activity must drink at least 2 liters of non-carbonated purified water a day;
- Vitamins and trace elements. Vitamins and trace elements are necessary for the normal functioning of all systems in the human body. That is why the sports diet includes a large amount of vegetables, herbs, fruits and berries.
Amaranth as part of a sports diet
Amaranth – an unusual plant that gave health and longevity. It is interesting that amaranth can not only make infusion and decoctions, but also to eat it. For example, from seeds you can make bread from amaranth, or cook porridge from amaranth. Also fresh or pickled leaves will be an excellent basis not only for the salad, but also for the side dish.
Recently, amaranth products began to gain popularity. And there was a huge number of variations of sports diets, which include dishes prepared on the basis of or with the addition of amaranth.
Option sports diet number 1
Amaranth cereal porridge cooked in water with the addition of fruits or berries. Slice of rye bread. Natural black coffee without sugar, you can add some milk. Coffee can be replaced with orange juice, with the addition of bran from amaranth (for 200 ml of juice 1 teaspoon of bran).
One apple and a couple of nuts, or one grapefruit.
Light soup or chicken broth. Fish or white meat, steamed or baked in the oven. Salad from amaranth leaves, tomato, cucumber, salad can be filled with a mixture of amaranth oil and soy sauce.
Yogurt or a glass of low-fat kefir. A few loaves or crackers.
2 boiled eggs or scrambled eggs from them. Stewed vegetables, dressed with amaranth oil. A cup of amaranth tea with mint or lavender.
Option sports diet number 2
Salad of boiled egg, grated hard cheese, finely chopped fresh amaranth leaves. A cup of black coffee, a glass of your favorite juice or fruit drink.
Fruit salad, seasoned with fat-free yogurt.
Vegetable soup, broccoli and cauliflower. Rabbit ragout with vegetables, with the addition of aromatic herbs and amaranth oil.
Fresh berries or fruits.
Amaranth porridge with cheese or cottage cheese. Herbal tea with amaranth flowers.
This is just a small list of variations of sports nutrition for every day. But just do not forget about your body before and after workouts. On the days when your workouts are scheduled, your diet should change a little. So, before training it is necessary to eat a protein bar based on amaranth grains, you can make it yourself. And after a workout, do not forget to drink, natural energy cocktail.
Recipe for Amaranth Grain Protein Bar
In order to be charged with additional energy before training, it is enough to eat a small protein bar based on amaranth grains. It’s not so easy to find such a bar in the shops, but you can cook it yourself. For this you will need:
- 100 grams of amaranth grains;
- 50 grams of dry oatmeal;
- 1 tablespoon of amaranth bran;
- 1 teaspoon flax seed;
- 1 teaspoon poppy;
- 1 teaspoon sesame;
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped favorite dried fruit;
- 2 tablespoons butter;
- 3 tablespoons of honey;
- 3 tablespoons of any nectar or juice;
- 2 tablespoons of water.
Amaranth grains, oatmeal, flax seeds, sesame and poppy seeds fry in butter for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the honey, water and nectar in a saucepan on low heat. Then send the contents of the pan to the saucepan and add the dried fruits, mix well and boil for 2-3 minutes. Then put the mixture into the form, so that the height of the contents does not exceed 1 cm and put in the oven, heated to 150 degrees for 15 minutes. After that, cool and cut the layer into portions, then wrap in food paper and put in a dark cool place. You can keep such bars for a month.
This variation of the protein bar is also perfect for a snack.
Energy Cocktail Recipes
To prepare a vegetable cocktail for 2 servings, you will need:
- 200 ml. vegetable broth or purified water;
- 1 cucumber;
- Half an apple;
- Finely chopped fresh amaranth leaves;
- Chopped parsley and dill.
Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
Pumpkin and Apple Cocktail
To prepare a cocktail for 2 servings you will need:
- 50 ml. Ryazhenka;
- 100 ml. milk;
- 100 gr. baked pumpkin;
- 100 gr. baked apples;
- 1 teaspoon of amaranth bran;
- A pinch of ground nutmeg.
As in the previous recipe, all ingredients must be thoroughly mixed in a blender.